These skewers are an awesome and refreshing way to enjoy pork over the gas or wood, but we recommend the wood for the full flavor experience!
What you’ll need:
- Two pork tenderloins, cut into cubes
- Two large mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered and pulled apart
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tblsp of Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- You can take a cup of vinegar and boil it in a pot until it turns thick, making sure to stir constantly. OR alternatively purchase some reduced balsamic from the store.
- Fresh basil
- An hour or two before assembling your skewers, place your cubed pork in a plastic bag or container with the pineapple juice, oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and some salt + pepper.
- Preheat your Black Earth grill with wood to 400.
- Assemble onion, pork and mango on your skewers, make them look pretty.
- Brush lightly with vegetable oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on the grill, over the flames and flip once the pork is cooked half way and releases naturally from the grill.
- Once cooked through, transfer skewers on over to a serving platter and drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar. This will add a nice acidic hit to balance out the flavors. Then tear some basil leaves and sprinkle on top to garnish.
- Enjoy outdoors with your favourite sides. They pair well with rice, baked potato and lentils!