pork · recipe · tenderloin ·
Pork Tenderloin + Mango Skewers
These skewers are an awesome and refreshing way to enjoy pork over the gas or wood, but we recommend the wood for the full flavor experience!
What you’ll need:
- Two pork tenderloins, cut into cubes
- Two large mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered and pulled apart
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tblsp of Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- You can take a cup of vinegar and boil it in a pot until it turns thick, making sure to stir constantly. OR alternatively purchase some reduced balsamic from the store.
- Fresh basil
- An hour or two before assembling your skewers, place your cubed pork in a plastic bag or container with the pineapple juice, oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and some salt + pepper.
- Preheat your Black Earth grill with wood to 400.
- Assemble onion, pork and mango on your skewers, make them look pretty.
- Brush lightly with vegetable oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on the grill, over the flames and flip once the pork is cooked half way and releases naturally from the grill.
- Once cooked through, transfer skewers on over to a serving platter and drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar. This will add a nice acidic hit to balance out the flavors. Then tear some basil leaves and sprinkle on top to garnish.
- Enjoy outdoors with your favourite sides. They pair well with rice, baked potato and lentils!