This protein and potato topper is like a super charged gravy and is extremely easy to make, it just takes a few minutes of steady stirring and reducing liquids.
- ½ pound of salted butter
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Pepper to taste
- Start by placing the butter in a pan and very slowly bringing up the heat until the butter has melted. Turn up the heat to medium and stir constantly with a whisk until the butter begins to turn amber in color. You don’t want to warm it enough to bubble here at all, it’s just a low slow heat, so take your time.
- Once the butter has browned, add in your chicken stock slowly and start whisking!
- You can turn up the heat to high and while whisking quite constantly, reduce the liquids until they start to thicken and could loosely coat the back of a spoon.
- Add in your mustard and whisk until things thicken slightly more and get to the consistency of a gravy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Finish with cracked pepper and serve over your favourite holiday meal.